Monday, July 27, 2009

My Impatience bit me

Well, things were going fine, until I decided to over exercise. Not only that I exercised in a posture not correct. Bottom line, I am in week 5 of a 6 week healing process in the spine. My exertion caused muscle spasms in the back which compresses on the spine, which irritates the healing and the nerves involved. I have more numbness now returned on my right side from knee down to leg, and as a result, the body defenses this by inhibiting some muscles to I don't do more damage. Basically, I feel like I just went backwards two weeks. Lesson to learn.....don't over work and be patient. I am in some pain, but hope that as the spasms work themselves out with the help of my therapists, the pain will stop soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken - Patience is a virtue and God knows most of us have a problem with that....take it as it comes...and if it takes you an extra week or two or an extra 2-3 steps to get to the dinner table so be it....you are walking up right and not with that cute wiggle us ladies use to love!! (did i make ya smile)..and we will all have tears in our eyes when we see you walk to the choir area for the first time - upright...God love ya and give you strength and patience....
Barb and Terry

Anonymous said...

Dear Heart,
So you didn't damage anything that can never be fixed? Thank you Jesus!

I agree with Barb that another week or so is not the end of the world... I understand that it's tough for you now but, boy, was I scared that something irrevocable had been done and boy, am I so happy to know that it wasn't!

Lots of Love,
Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Son!
This is your "school mom" just letting you know that I'm thinking about you and pray that you have the strength and patience to "get 'er done"! When you're ready for visitors we're available. Take it easy and God bless. Miss you!

Love, Sharon (and Dickie too)

Anonymous said...

P is for practice.
A is for adhering to program.
T is for tenacity.
I is for insight.
E is for encouragement.
N is for no fear.
T is for trusting God's timing.

I think you're amazing!
Love, prayers and hugs to you, Ken,
Aunt Kathy

Ken said...

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Hopefully, things will improve soon!

Ken