Monday, June 29, 2009

My Monday

I did not sleep much last night.. However the pain has subsided greatly since the previous post-op recovery days. Pain medication through IV has been eliminated and I am on an aspirin/Tylenol pill dosage as needed for pain. With assistance from the PT (physical therapist), I was able to briefly stand, pivot, and sit in my wheelchair. The process of moving into the chair was a little uncomfortable, but once seated, not too bad. I stayed in the wheelchair for about an hour and a half. With assistance from the OT (occupational therapist), I was able to get back into bed.

Dr. Park came in to see me for a moment. He reiterated that the procedure went well. I asked how many fibers were severed; and he told me that about two thirds of them were cut.

That was pretty much it for today... tomorrow is supposed to be more intense with physical therapy. Hopefully I will start taking steps with some help of course. I will let you know how that goes tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You're only on aspirin and tylenol for pain????? Incredible! It's wonderful to actually hear from YOU!! Chaplets being said for you daily and everyone is checking this blog several times a day to see how you are doing. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ken. It's blowing my mind that you're standing so soon after surgery -- especially with TWO THIRDS of the fibers cut! TWO THIRDS?! Incredible.

Anonymous said...

Ken - you are amazing....will keep praying....mom says you can use her church will chair anytime...actually there are two in the sacristy now....
God bless - safte travels
barb and terry

"Miss Lucy" said...

Ken you are extraordinary! You are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless You. Have a safe trip home.